Salon Red Midtown stylist Moses says, “scrunch towel-dried hair with styling lotion or hairspray. I recommend Spray de Mode by Bumble & Bumble. Smooth some serum or hairdresser’s oil through the ends for silkiness. Air dry.”
Instead of buzzing all your hair off this summer to stave off the heat, keep cool with this trendier style. See this look on my friend & Say Yes To The Dress cast member, Brandon Bryson:
How to get it:
Ask your stylist to buzz (or shorten) the sides & keep some length at the top.
At home, style with Texture Creme by Bumble & Bumble for hold and separation.
A big thanks to Brandon for letting me feature his hair on our blog!
Salon Red Midtown’s Grand Opening:
Our new Midtown location is off to a great start, but it’s time to really kick it off! Call or stop by the weekend of April 26th & 27th for 25% off all services or a complimentary blow dry. And on Saturday, we will be raffling off some spectacular treasures for your tresses!
Friday April 26th & Saturday, April 27
845 Spring St, Suite A-1
Atlanta, GA 30308
Timothy Hays, Stylist
Your hair looks great after your stylist round-brushes it at the salon… but it’s hard to do at home. This trick makes it easier:
Tilt your head to the side as you blow-dry. That way, you don’t have to lift each section of hair. It also helps you get volume.
Guys, you’re gonna like this one. You can use your hat to style your hair.
Here’s what you do:
- Get out of the shower.
- Put on your hat (the knitted kind – not a baseball cap!) until your hair dries under it.
- Rub some Grooming Creme by Bumble and Bumble into your hair for texture.
Voila!! Easy, huh?
When we said that you want your hair to be more like Tupperware, we weren’t kidding. Tupperware holds its shape, and so should your style. Here’s how to use the new polymer-based products in the Bumble & Bumble Thickening line. Your style will hold for days.
1. On wet hair, spray your roots with Thickening Hairspray. Then shake up your Full Form Mousse before dispensing and finger-comb it through all your hair.
2. Blow out with a round brush, lifting the roots for volume as you go.
3. Curl your hair with a 1.5 or 2 inch iron, first spritzing each section with Thickening Hairspray.
4. When you’re done, define the ends of your curls with Creme Contour. It should melt on your fingertips. This step keeps your curls soft and full.
“What these Thickening products do is control your hair. They don’t thicken each piece or anything like that – they just conform to the style you create and keep on holding it. If you mess up your hair or sleep on it, you can just twist your style back into place by wrapping it around your fingers.” – Jessica Soler, Salon Red Owner
FACT! Take Biotin to see more hair growth within 4-6 weeks. ”It works. Be patient with it,” says Salon Red owner, Jessica Soler. You can find it at any grocery store or pharmacy.
Guys, you too! Long hair is IN right now for men.